June 27, 2014

Small Painting & Updated Small Painting

This was my first take
This is the redone painting
This is a 5" x 7" painting I did today with the remains of the hydrangeas in my studio.  I am not used to small sizes, small brushes... but it was fun.   There are "daily painters" who challenge themselves to paint a tiny painting every day -- and there are a lot of cupcakes, apples, pears, oranges, you get the idea, that are being painted that way.

 I think I'll be back to a larger painting when I'm next in the studio.

Update -- I came in to the studio, looked at yesterday's work and took out the scraper.  The flowers were still pretty much as they were yesterday so I gave this another go.  What I hoped to do was take the ordinary and add some inventiveness, some feeling to it.  I got rid of a lot of detail and hard edges.


No comments: