July 7, 2011

Coming Up! Commissions...



I've got two commissions to work on in the next month. One (not unlike the form I signed today that asked for my relationship to Judy Gilbert Levey) is "self" commissioned. I am going to work on a painting of a Woodstock VT house as a gift to its owners. The view past the house is of the gorgeous town of Woodstock and I may use a bit of artistic license to capture the house and town on one canvas.

The second, very cool project, is that I'm working on a painting for Quartermaine's Coffee Roasters, our local and wonderful coffee shop. They have a painting I did last year of their store in downtown Bethesda, and they've opened a second store on Old Georgetown Road that needs to have its "portrait" done as well. The store will be getting a large Q logo on the corner and some royal blue umbrellas for its tables before I get to paint it -- I did some scouting today and it's clear that morning sun is going to be needed. These two paintings will be used in upcoming marketing for the stores and I may just be coming to a mailbox near you this fall.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Congratulations on your commissions! They are well-deserved!