May 17, 2011

Cake for the Victorian Book Club

I wasn't going to paint today. I've been a bit crazy with the constant painting or framing or working on my show, so I thought I'd take a break for a day. But...

The Victorian Book Club at Bethesda Library and the Center of Civic Literacy of UMd are both having programs tonight and through an error somewhere in the system, the meetings were booked for the same room. I was going to get food for the forum on Economic Security anyway, so I also ordered a cake for the book club. It was a very big cake. And it wouldn't fit in the library refrigerator so I had to bring it home before the program so it wouldn't spoil.

I have to get the cake and other food over to the library before I can fine-tune the painting, but I think the idea is there anyway.

And there you have it. My excuse for painting on a non-painting day -- and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: