September 23, 2009

More Bethesda and Mural





The mural is progressing, in spite of the rain forecast, as it's sunny day today. I've been looking at a book "In the Garden with Jane Austen" and have added a lot of hollyhocks to my planned garden mural. Chawton Cottage isn't the most picturesque and the estate that inspired Pemberly is quite grand -- I'm not sure what's going to work as a center of the mural.

I don't have red paint in the system that I'm using, so the mural is going to be painted in the muted -- lightfast -- colors I've got and then I'll be touching up at the end with pinks, purples, reds and oranges using acrylic paint. You can see the hollyhocks are really a beige/pink.

As for the Bethesda painting, I was across the street from Barnes & Noble this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have just seen your paitings and they are lovely! Preparing a paper on stress and came across your blog when googling ART - will keep looking at it.
Anna/sweden